Thursday, October 06, 2005

Rex Redux

We restarted the show today, once again for schoolchildren, after a badly needed three day hiatus.

It was wonderful.

Though the real reason I am writing is the blessing in discovering just how much better I am feeling now after a week of fighting this virus. Today was a literal copy of last Thursday in terms of physical demands being put on me in the show. Temperature was the same. . .everything. Yet I barely broke a sweat today, I hit all of my notes. . .easily. . .whereas last week was a tremendous, sweat-soaked, near-disastrous chore.

Another blessing is that my in-laws, both of whom as serious music snobs, saw the show and remarked upon how surprisingly good my singing and Rexing is, given my near-total greenness in terms of stage singing.

I had no idea how poorly I was feeling last week. . .until I could compare it to how good I feel this week.

Illness serves many purposes, I am sure. But for today, I thank it for reminding me how GOOD it feels to be normal and healthy.



Crime of the Scene
Audition Update
Theater Teaching Parenting
Beauty Opens Tomorrow
How Rex Harrison Saved My Bacon
The Real Opening
<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>